Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Where are you our dear little Geo Prizm?

We've had a crazy start to the week already! Yesterday morning I heard Adam come back in the house after leaving to go to work. He called my name, and I sleepily answered. He then asked, "Where's our car?"
What?
We had to think about when the last time was we used it and saw it because we don't use that car on the weekends, and living in an apartment we park it under the covered parking on the other side of the building. So we came to realize it was stolen!


It's been such a good car to us! I know it sounds hokey, but I have a lot of memories with that car! It's old, but it's worth so much to us right now.


My sister bought the '92 white Geo Prizm as her very first car, and it went down to college with her. A couple years later she sold it to my parents so that my younger sister and I could use it during high school. We have used it the whole time we've been married, and I used it before that for a while.

I'm just in shock that people can be so dishonest, and that it happened to us! It's not a luxury car by any means! We called the police and reported it. The police woman said that lately, with stolen vehicle cases, they've been finding them a couple days later just dumped around the corner from where they've been stolen. We'll hope that is the case for us!

So please keep your eyes peeled! It is a white '92 Geo Prizm, as I said before. It doesn't have any real distinct marks exept that the bumper is very scratched up in one corner, but I can't remember which one! The license plate is 646PBL, if the thief has kept those plates on it. What kills us is that we just spent money to renew the registration over the weekend!

I guess we'll get a taste of being a one car family for a while, but eventually, I guess we'll move on and find another car!

On a much happier note; finally after a long time of trying to get Owen to say "I love you" to us, he now says "love momma!" I love it! And that takes away all the disappointment we've had from having the car stolen, at least for a moment.

Just a couple more things that Owen's doing at this stage: He asks me if I like something-"wike it?" And if he is doing something dangerous, or naughty I say "I don't like that, Owen." Then he replies back, "I wike it."

The other night he was being naughty, and I had to put him in his crib for a time out. He was crying and calling for us. Then I heard him say, "I sad Owen. " That broke my heart!

Everything is "nice" lately. I walked into a room he was in after getting ready for church, and he turned a yelled,"NICE" I felt good after that! My two year old thinks I look nice, and that's all that matters!

He wants to play with the "nice" race car, or "nice" motorcycle. He cracks me up!

He likes to watch Hannah Montana, and requests to watch it sometimes, "I wanna watch Tana".

He still loves all things boy, though, and has to have his motorcyles and race cars all day long! I love being able to be home during the day and watch this crazy boy grow up!

3 comments:

Jessie said...

I can't believe about your car. I just responded to your comment on my own blog, but I was saying I wish I lived closer because we still have our van! I wish we could just lend you that! So annoying! Owen is a cutie. I got ready the other day and will said to Georgia, "Come see how beautiful mom is!" That was nice of him.

The Sweets said...

These boys are fun to have around. They know what to say to make you feel good about yourself!

Lizzie Fizzie said...

lol i could NOT BELIEVE about your guys' car! lol super crazy!! . . . lol the way u described owen cracks me up to! What a doll!