Saturday, August 28, 2010

Vegas and St. George Trip

A couple weeks ago Adam was able to go to Las Vegas for work and Owen and I were able to drive down to Las Vegas to meet him. This was the last time he'll get to do this since he got a new job with the State working as a securties investigator for the Department of Commerce.  He is really excited about the new job, and we were all excited for our little getaway to Vegas! 
Owen was SO good on the drive down!  I was extremely worried that he would be bored and naughty, and that we would have to stop a ton, when in fact we did not have to stop once the whole way to St. George.  Then we stopped there for lunch, and to see uncle Scot's work. (motorcycles- that's all I have to say.  Owen was in heaven!)  Then we were off to Las Vegas! 
 Right when we got there we just rested in the hotel room until Adam got there, and while we waited Owen told me that we needed "to get outta" there.  He was very excited about the whole trip.  And I realized at that time that I was so worried about the drive down that I had forgotten an entire bag!  It was all of Owen's clothes, diapers, all of our swim suits, and all of my hair and makeup stuff!  I was so mad at myself!  So we spent more money than we had expected on trying to get most of the stuff I had forgotten, so it's a good thing our hotel was paid for!
 We walked through the casino to get outside, and Owen was pretty upset that we wouldn't let him play the games!  And  we tried to avoid them at all cost after that because he cried everytime we passed the slot machines.  So we decided to take him to the arcades at New York, New York.  After walking around for a while, having a scare with the lions at MGM (story below), and riding the tram back to our hotel we were getting ready for bed and Owen told me that we needed to go home.  He hadn't stayed in a hotel in a long time, and didn't understand why we were staying there, but it turned out okay as he fell asleep right after hitting the pillow!  He was totally worn out!


One of the things Adam and Owen love doing together is playing arcade games.  I'm happy just to watch!


Adam really wanted to show Owen the lions at MGM.  We made our way over, and Owen made his way through the crowd and right up next to the glass.  He passed a little bar they had a couple inches away from the glass, but I figured he'd be okay.  The lion was up on the rock, and Owen was just entranced.  So a few minutes later, the lion walked down the rocks, and we just watched as it slowly walked right along side the glass, and layed down with it's face next to Owen.  Owen was completely scared out of his wits!  He started crying and  Adam ran through the concerned crowd to get him.  He just clung to us, and said through his wails, "THAT LION SCARE ME!!"  We calmed him down, and then Adam showed him from farther away that it was okay, and the lions couldn't get him.  Poor little guy!
You can see in this picture that Owen was right up next to the glass, and the lion was up on the rock.  No where near him.

After the lion scare I was tring to make Owen feel better, and saw this superman from far away and tried to get Owen excited about seeing him.  He loves to play superman and batman with Jack at grandma's house, so I thought he'd love seeing him and Elmo (next picure).  I didn't realized how gross these guys were until after I had taken the picures.  We hurried away, and I didn't even realize that you're supposed to tip them.  That's why those guys were there.  Oh, well.  He stood next to the gross superman, and Elmo.
And it did help his mood seeing them, but we stayed away from them after that!





Bellagio Gardens


Owen was happy on the "train."

I took Owen to the M&M factory during the day while Adam was at work.  Owen absolutely loved it, and you can see that in all of the pictures.  He had a huge smile on his face!


He was especially happy to see the race car!


Swimming at the pool with Daddy in the new swim suits.




St. George
We went to breakfast one morning and walked past this art school.  They invited us in and said they were having free art day, and asked Owen if he wanted to paint.  Of course he did!
What a cute little artist!



We splashed at the splash park






And met up with Scot and Melissa at the Fiesta Fun Center and played arcade games, hit balls in the batting cages, and rode boats and cars.
Melissa went with Owen on the little boats that squirt


Kids Karts
Owen couldn't push the button to go and steer at the same time, so the girl told me I could ride it to push the button for him.  He wouldn't have been able to handle it by himself anyway. 

Owen wasn't tall enough to be a passenger on the go carts, but Adam got him special permission from the manager.

He held on to Adam's arm so tight the entire time. 
But still thought he was so big at the end.

We had so much fun, and were sad to see our vacation end, but it was good to get back to our own beds!

3 comments:

Lauren and Christopher said...

I love you can tell when he's really excited, by his huge smiles.

Jessie said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Yeah those guys seem kind of heebee jeebee-ish. But at least Owen was happy. Your blue flower top is cute. Love ya!

Lizzie Fizzie said...

AWWW! Vegas looks like it was WAAAAy fun!That's awesome for you guys! You guys are adorable as ever! Miss ya!